Monday, July 28, 2008

New Excuses in the Age of Burgeoning Technology

While technology provides new ways of communicating and connecting, it also offers new excuses for failing to do so. Surely, some excuses are legitimate, but I have a feeling that technological mishap often is claimed inappropriately as an excuse. Here are some new excuses:

1) "Sorry I didn't email you back...

a) your email went into my spam folder so I didn't see it," or

b) my inbox was full so I couldn't email out for awhile," or

c) I accidentally deleted it because I didn't recognize your email address"

2) "My cell phone died and I lost all my contacts , so I didn't have your number."

3) "I didn't have any service/My cell battery died, so I couldn't call you back."

4) "Spell check should have caught that."

5) "No, I didn't hang up on you; I went through a dead zone."

6) "My ringer was off/The phone was on vibrate, so I didn't hear your call."

7) "I didn't mean to send that email yet; I accidentally double-clicked on the touch pad."

8) "Someone else logged into my account because I'd saved the password onto my computer."

9) "I didn't intend to call you ten times; my phone was unlocked in my bag and kept redialing."

10) "I hit 'reply all' by mistake."

No comments: