I considered the name of my blog for about 1 minute; I probably should have considered it longer since I'll be stuck with it for awhile, but the name flashed into my brain and I went with it (which may seem contradictory since the first word of the blog is "contemplative," but that's what keeps life interesting). To some the name may seem like an oxymoron: "A mom who contemplates? What?!?! About something other than diapers, sippy cups, and playgroups?"
The answer is yes. I do contemplate those trivial matters related to the every day care of my son, but I also ponder other matters: some related to parenting and others related to existential questions, world events, individuals' contributions to humanity...
I've been searching for an outlet for my thoughts and this seems as good as any. Hopefully, people will read this and it will make them think, laugh, or shake their heads in wonder at what goes on in other people's brains. Ultimately, I do hope that it will help people to understand the multiple dimensions of mamas.
My own definitions:
Contemplative: reflective, thoughtful (in the sense of thinking deeply about matters, rather than thoughtful toward others), considered
Mama: one who loves and cares for a child
Contemplative + Mama= one who thinks deeply about matters and happens to love and care for a child.
Enjoy!
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment